Linux New Media AG

Re: [luga] Festplattenstörer

* gooly@gmx.at <gooly@gmx.at> [2007-03-11 14:55]:

> Linux hat leider die Tendenz ständig die Festplatte zu benutzen, sie
> kann sich somit nie 'schlafen' legen. Um jetzt die
> Festplatten-Störenfriede zu ermittlen habe ich ein kl. Progrämmchen
> geschrieben, das mir zeigt

$ apt-cache show laptop-mode-tools
(...)
 Laptop mode is a Linux kernel feature that allows your laptop to save
 considerable power, by allowing the hard drive to spin down for longer
 periods of time. This package contains the userland scripts that are
 needed to enable laptop mode. It includes support for automatically
 enabling laptop mode when the computer is working on batteries. It also
 supports various other power management features, such as starting and
 stopping daemons depending on power mode, automatically hibernating if
 battery levels are too low, and adjusting terminal blanking and X Windows
 screen blanking.

$ apt-cache show noflushd
(...)
 Noflushd is a daemon that spins down disks that have not been read from
 after a certain amount of time, and then prevents disk writes from
 spinning them back up. It's targeted for laptops but can be used on any
 computer with IDE disks. The effect is that the hard disk actually spins
 down, saving you battery power, and shutting off the loudest component of
 most computers.

HTH Martin
--
http://martin.wuertele.net/ - Debian - OFTC - SPI - martin@wuertele.net
The only thing I'm allowed to tell you is that any card not found in a